Pink Salt from the Andes or Maras Salt is obtained from the natural evaporation of a salty river that is drained from a prehistoric ocean under the Maras mountains in the heart of the Incan Sacred Valley in Cusco, Peru. It is a unique and pollution-free salt in addition to being rich in nutrients and minerals, which it obtains as it passes through the cold mountains of the Cusqueñan Andes mountain range. Its crystals display a light pink hue with accents of ivory. Its strong flavour is due to a considerable presence of iron and minerals essential for good health. This is an ideal salt to season any type of food and to display on the table, resulting in a spectacle for the senses and provides a series of essential nutrients to our body. Its existence is yet another triumph of the “natural” over the “artificial”. In short, it is a natural rock crystal salt that is 100% organic. Its name derives from its pink coloration.
- Stimulates the body's autoimmune system.
- Improves mood and energy levels.
- Improves nutrient absorption of the foods we consume.
- 84 minerals organically active and assimilable by cells.
- Reduces arthritic and rheumatic pains.
- Regulates the electrolyte balance in the body.